About Me

Let me talk a little about myself for a bit. I moved to Canada over a year ago for studies. Over that year two of my best friends and I made a tradition of going to sushi every Saturday. No matter what the weather. Naturally, I started looking for Asian cuisine restaurants and cafes around me and discovered there's a lot of ground to be covered. While walking down Harbourfront with a cup of bubble tea I started hearing music and so I went to check it out. Turns out it was the Habari African Festival and they were celebrating their culture through dance and music. It was a sight to see.

On this journey of savoring Asian delicacies, I realized it is difficult to save money at the end of the month. Living a metropolitan city like Toronto takes a toll on your wallet. On top of that, my friends and I talked about taking a trip to Brazil for the carnival next year; meaning I had to be smart with my money. Speaking of trips, it is exhausting to plan a trip and what's up with the flight ticket prices? They tend to be more than than a high school kid on April 20th.

In spite of all the planning, I do love traveling and exploring the road not taken ( A great poem by Robert Frost. Check it out). Don't get me wrong, the touristy places are well and good but finding a hidden gem? What a story that would make.


Comments

Popular Posts